Key Stage 5 (Years 12 and 13)
An A Level Geography student will develop the following:
- an understanding of the principal processes operating within physical geography and human geography
- an understanding of the causes and effects of change on natural and human environments
- an awareness of the usefulness of geographical analysis to understand and solve contemporary human and environmental problems
- the ability to handle and evaluate different types and sources of information
- the skills to think logically, and to present an ordered and coherent argument in a variety of ways
Over the two year course we will cover the following topics: Physical Geography such as, hydrology and fluvial geomorphology, atmosphere and weather as well as rocks and weathering. Human geography such as, population, migration and settlement. Students are assessed over the two years with two exams at the end of year 12 and two exams at the end of year 13.