Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 & 9)
We follow the UK National Curriculum from Key Stage 1 through to Key Stage 3. The National Curriculum for mathematics aims to ensure that all pupils:
- Become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, including through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately.
- Reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language.
- Can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and non-routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and persevering in seeking solutions.
Key Stage 4 (Years 10 & 11)
Mathematics is an essential subject for all learners. Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics learners gain lifelong benefits, including:
- The development of their mathematical knowledge
- Confidence, by developing a feel for numbers, patterns and relationships
- An ability to consider and solve problems and present and interpret results
- Skills in communication and reasoning using mathematical concepts
- A solid foundation for further study.
Our programs balance a thorough knowledge and understanding of a subject and help to develop the skills learners’ need for their next steps in education or employment.
Our students will sit the IGCSE Mathematics exam, which is available without coursework – subject number 0580. Our students have Core (grades C to G) and Extended (grades A* to E) options. Papers 1 and 3 are for Core option with a total exam time of 1 hour and 2 hours respectively. Papers 2 and 4 are for Extended option with a total exam time of 1.5 hours and 2.5 hours respectively.
The combination of knowledge and skills in Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics gives learners a solid foundation for further study. Candidates who achieve grades A* to B are well prepared to follow a wide range of courses including Cambridge International AS & A Level Mathematics.
Cambridge IGCSEs are accepted and valued by leading universities and employers around the world as evidence of academic achievement. Many universities require a combination of Cambridge International AS & A Levels and Cambridge IGCSEs to meet their entry requirements.